The $15,000 Great Start Grant was created to help first homeowners buy or build a new home. It is an initiative that is administered and funded by the state government.
This grant of $15,000 is available for:
- contracts to buy a new home (including off the plan) dated on or after 12 September 2012
- contracts to build a new home dated on or after 12 September 2012
- new homes being built by an ownerbuilder where the date the foundations start to be laid is on or after 12 September 2012.
A new home is a home that:
- has not been previously occupied as a place of residence
- has not been previously sold as a place of residence
- is a substantially renovated home (in certain circumstances).
The $15,000 grant will not be available:
- if the contract replaces an existing contract made before 12 September 2012
- for new homes where the contract is dated before 12 September2012
- for owner-builders where the date the foundations start to be laid is before 12 September 2012
- established homes.
You may still be eligible for:
- the $7,000 first home owner grant for established home purchase contracts dated before 11 October 2012
- a transfer duty concession when buying an established home.
For more information see: https://greatstartgrant.osr.qld.gov.au/index.php