Tips on buying & building your new home
Buying off the plan can be daunting, however with these easy steps you’ll be moving in to your new home sooner than you think.
Steps to securing your block, contract signing and settlement
1. HOLD: To secure your a block of land - sign an Expression of Interest form and pay a $2,500 deposit. This deposit is refundable to you if you don’t proceed.
You will need to secure your lot with an Expression of Interest and $2,500 deposit via Direct Debit. Trust account details are on the Expression of interest form. Please phone 1800 105 344 for any queries or to make an appointment.
**Please note: EFTPOS or Visa facilities are not located on site.
2. SIGN: Your commitment to buy the land and sign your land contracts will be subject to you receiving your loan approval. This is normally 21 days from when you sign your land contract.
3. APPROVAL: Once you have received your loan approval your contract is unconditional.
4. SETTLEMENT: Settlement and payment on the balance of your land purchase normally takes place 7 days after finance approval.
Steps to Building your Home
1. CHOOSE: Build your own home or choose a pre-designed home from the house & land package options. A small deposit is normally required at this stage.
2. SIGN: Sign your building contract. The builder will require an additional deposit.
3. DESIGN: The house will require approval of the design from the developer.
4. CONSTRUCT: Building approval from the local council is obtained then construction can begin. Most builders require progress payments, usually at five stages: slab down, frame up, roof on, lock-up and practical completion – refer to your builder.
5. COMPLETE: Time to move in!